College Costs and Student Debt
The cost of college tuition and the debt that most students have to take on in order to attend college has increased to unacceptable levels in the United States.
- Substantially reducing student loan interest rates to below 3%.
- Allowing students to refinance college loans at today’s much lower interest rates.
- Ending the federal government revenues from the student loan program.
- Greatly increasing tuition aid for two and four-year colleges based on a means-tested percentage of tuition costs grants that minimize the costs for low and lower middle-income students up to a limit of about $8,0000.
- Significantly increasing Pell grants for low and moderate-income students to pay for a portion of room and board expenses.